Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A joyful weekend with family!

A joyful weekend with family!


It has been 4 months since I last saw my son Kunal. He has been very busy starting a new business called Explode Fitness in New York.  Even though we talk on the phone everyday, it is not the same as being with him. I don’t want to get accustomed to not seeing my sons for such a long time. So, it was wonderful to have him here this weekend. My expression of joy started with grocery shopping for his favorite foods and cooking, then driving to the airport in happy anticipation and spotting him from a distance – a tall, handsome young man. Seeing him in person is so amazing!

Kunal was obviously happy to be here, too, as we greeted each other with a warm hug and kiss. He sat beside me as I drove home, and we talked all the way. I love him so much.

My son Rahul lives here in L.A. and visits me often. I am blessed to have one of my sons close by. When Rahul walked through the door and saw Kunal, he went straight to his brother and they held each other in a long hug. Seeing them embrace each other like that with love brings me great joy. This is what I want for my boys. I want them to be there for each other for the rest of their lives. I hope that their love will stand strong through thick and thin. I hope that they will take care of each other all their lives. They are good to and for each other. I love my boys individually and especially when they are together.

My nieces Megan and Erin came over for dinner one night. That was a special treat. They are about the same age as my boys. The four of them are close and have fun together. We went to beautiful Geoffrey’s Malibu for dinner and spent a laughter- filled, happy time together.

This was a wonderful weekend. Monday arrived and everyone had to go back to work. Kunal returned to New York. Rahul left for a fashion show in Vegas. I am here remembering and reminiscing with gratitude and happiness, and writing - back to my work.


Life is good! Life spent with family is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment