Monday, July 6, 2015

Learning to L.I.V.E

Loving yourself is the simplest recipe that makes you
Insist on Freedom. The only way to be truly free is by gaining
Victory over victim syndrome… once you believe you are not a victim, you are
Empowered to be anything you want!

Learning to LIVE for ourselves is sometimes seen as selfish by most traditional standards but remember, doing what is right for us is not selfish, it is making sure we can take care of ourselves, not just others, and it is importantly called self- care. Self-care is vital and certainly not wrong. We have to learn to care for ourselves enough and feel good about ourselves enough that despite natural cravings we can actually exist without someone else's approval and therefore enable ourselves to do what is best for us. Don’t get me wrong - like anyone else I like to have a special someone in my life who cares for me and wants to be nice to me, but it should not be a necessity. I have learned from many experiences in my existence, and have come to understand, that it is my job to be nice to myself, to take care of me, and accept self-love. In fact, only if I love myself will I be so full of love that I can then love all others freely and selflessly.

So even though we all must remember to take care of ourselves, even in, and especially in, difficult and sad times - it is natural and normal to reach out for the emotional warmth offered by others. But we must remind ourselves also to reach for the strength within, even during the greatest losses of loved ones. And as difficult as that is, try to remind yourself that just like all good times, all difficult times also do pass.   But it is important to grieve and release our emotions so that we may heal and allow ‘Time,’ the best healer do it’s magic. During that time, it is important for us to let others in, and allow people to express their caring for us and embrace us with their empathy, in whatever way they know to express it. It takes nothing away from our being self- sufficient, or self-reliant, as we may be in our normal days. In the time of loss and sadness, it is okay to share our feelings with family and friends and allow them to console or make us feel better and less alone. It is always okay to accept help and be loved and be taken care of. It does not negate our ability to care for others or ourselves.

And It is good to love the people in our lives as is also good to let the people in our lives love us. So, although my life's message is to learn to love oneself first, please do not make the mistake of pushing people away by shutting them out when they want to help and care for you.

Giving love to yourself and, thereby, enabling yourself to give love to others is a blessing. But you can't just give; Love is about giving and receiving.
Sharing of love helps love grow! Try it!

Veera


Available on Amazon.com Look for “Learning to LIVE” by Veera Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment