Monday, June 8, 2015

It is okay to be Angry but it is not okay to be Cruel.

It is okay to be Angry but it is not okay to be Cruel.

If you are angry, please take a few minutes to calm down so you can be rational, and remember to be kind before you respond.
Like Mom said, "If you can’t be Kind, be Quiet." This advice has helped me in more ways than I ever thought possible.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
-Mother Teresa

Be mindful when it comes to words. A string of some that don’t mean much to you, may stick with someone else for a lifetime.
– anonymous

Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates:
1. Is it True?
2. Is it Necessary?
3. Is it kind?

And then if you are still angry please check to see:
1. Does it have to be said now?
2. What could be the consequence of saying it?
3. Can I  express my anger in a constructive, kind way?

I am not asking you to deny or silence your angry feelings. Instead I encourage you to honor your feelings by saying what you mean without being perceived as mean spirited.
Be your own kind of Beautiful!

Veera

2 comments: