Tuesday, January 10, 2017

2017 is going to be a good year!

 I plan on being good and kind, and accept only good and kind from others.


So far this year has been amazing in so many ways.   I have leaned that even though I may love someone, love my family and love my friends, I have the right and it is my job to hold on to my sanity, safety, values and happiness.

Most people have their own way of living and many may try to impose their views on you.  Even the good books you read have someone else’s views.  It is your job to take time and pay attention to your own feelings and do what feels right to you. It is fine to learn from other people’s teachings and experiences but it is your own experiences that count towards your life. Your character and integrity is what makes you the person that you are. Whether someone else is happy or proud of you does not matter as much as if you are happy with yourself and are proud of the person you are.

It is important to stand up for your rights and feelings.  Sometimes you may get the chance to help protect someone else whose basic rights are being threatened.  This is the time for you to stand up and do the right thing.  No one should has a right to hurt another human being.

It is only the first week of the New Year, and I have had to stand up for my rights as well as the rights of a young child. I am a grown woman and I understand that the choices I make have consequences. I can let someone take control and hurt me or I can take the control back in my hands and keep the promise to myself which is never to accept less than what’s good and kind.

But, children are innocent and helpless. If someone hurts them, they have no way to protect themselves especially if the people who hurt them are the same people who are supposed to be taking care and protecting them.  What can these children do and where can they go if their own homes are not safe for them? It should be our responsibility to pay attention and listen to children. Children are our future and need to be protected, not ignored or mistreated. Children need to be taught how to resolve disputes peacefully with words not anger and violence by the example from adults in their lives.

This year, I plan on being good and kind, and accept only good and kind from others.
2017 is going to be a good year! That is my goal! I will not let anyone tell me differently.



No comments:

Post a Comment