Monday, August 31, 2015

Do I have to have an ultimate goal?

Do I have to have an ultimate goal?



Photo by Yasmina Rossi

Some people have asked me what my goal in life is, or if publishing is my ultimate goal.

 I don’t really have a set or ultimate goal in life.  How can I have an ultimate goal today when I don’t know what tomorrow will bring? I chose to stay open and ready to change or at least adjust my path as the life journey expects. I feel that if I pay attention to my every choice and always do what keeps me centered on a foundation of happiness, I will be fine. Even though I might not know now where I will be in the end, I have faith that as long as I don’t go too far from what is right and good for me, I will end up in a good place.

My goal is to do something good with my life. So, I make small goals and I always make sure I fulfill those goals. I don’t want to have inflexible long-term goals that will only limit me. I want to stay flexible and open to all opportunities that come my way. I believe that I will learn a lot more by staying open and willing to change. 

I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.  Sometimes I don’t know the reason and I enjoy trying to figure out that reason. I don’t like to force something to happen. What if it’s not the right thing for me? Maybe it was not supposed to happen. I do not want to interfere with the universe too much. If I had, I would not be here today.

I was a computer science major running a software company with my ex-husband in Michigan.  I never thought I’d be publishing a lifestyle magazine out of Malibu. Who knew I would be so happy doing what I am doing today. Could I be doing what I’m doing now if I had set a goal prematurely not knowing what life had in store for me?  I still don’t know for sure what I am going to do when I grow up, so why set an ultimate goal and have life change it on me anyway? So, I chose to stay flexible and happy in whatever I do. I am sure it is all good.  In the meantime I will keep sharing  All Good News through Malibu Chronicle.

                *****

                   
Buy your copy on Kindle
Buy your copy on Amazon

Learning to L.I.V.E. was written to increase awareness of domestic abuse  and eradicate this cancer from our society by empowering women and men who are suffering due to this epidemic.  The author, Veera Mahajan's goal is to help them believe that they deserve a life in freedom and self-love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment